1. Bachelor of Arts (Pass)- JournalismNapier University, Edinburgh, UK1994–1997
2. Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (Pass) Bell Language School, Cambridge , UK 2002
3. Master of Arts (Merit)–Applied Linguistics and TESOL University of Leicester, UK–2012–2014
a. Specializations–Teacher Development, Language Assessment and Sociolinguistics
b. Corpus linguistics: Method, analysis, interpretation (Pass) University of Lancaster, UK (Future Learn MOOC) - 2014
I. Extensive experience in the fields of academic and business English, language school management, teacher development and language assessment.
II. Holder of Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics and TESOL & CELTA Certificate.
III. Experienced in use of the MS Office, Internet and Corpus Analysis Software.
IV.12 years educational management, curriculum and teacher development and educational marketing experience.
V. 7 years’experience as an IELTS examiner, certified for speaking and writing modules.
Proposed Teaching Responsibilities in Connection with SU Programmes：
1. BLB10114-4BUSINESS SKILLS 1
2. BLB10115-4 BUSINESS SKILLS 2
Level of English:
TEACHING EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Summer School English teacher [07.2002—08.2002]
• EF International School of Languages–Cambridge–UK
• Temporary summer teaching contract (24-26.2 hours teaching perweek)
• Classes taught–General English: Beginner, Upper-Intermediate,Advanced
• Special Interest classes–Grammar: Intermediate, High Intermediate.
English Teacher / Director of Studies / CEO][09.2002—Present] Webster Education–Nanning - Guangxi Province–P.R China
• Teaching General English, Young Learners, Business English, VIP classes & Exam preparation to all ages (5 +). Keeping accurate records of student attendance, testing and writing reports on student progress.
• One year middle school teaching experience (40 students per class)
• Two years college teaching experience ( 50–70 students)
• Supervising 5–15 academic staff members + 10 support staff.
• Scheduling classes, arranging teachers meetings, seminars and workshops, teacher training and observation, planning and implementing marketing and extra-curricular activities, overseeing placement testing of students, teacher recruitment, dealing with administrative and budgetary tasks.
• Course planning and design for summer programs, IELTS preparation and overseas study preparation courses.
• Preparation and oversight of branch school openings in two cities.
• Successful design, delivery and implementation of offsite contracts and corporate training courses including materials and testing to multiple corporate clients including:
• Stora Enso
• Nanning Foreign Affairs Bureau
• Nanning Air Traffic Control
• Nanning ASEAN Expo Secretariat
• Supervision and planning of residential summer camp of 65 students.
• English program design for Guilin Institute of Tourism / George Brown University co-operation project.
• Teacher training course design and implementation.
• Extensive experience giving presentations on marketing, teaching methodologies and on other topics to audiences of up to 300 on a range of areas including:
• British life and culture
• English improvement
• Teaching Methodology
• Exam preparation
• Second Language Acquisition
• Construct validity in language assessment
• Guest Lecturer - 2008 Guangxi Education Bureau Teacher’s Symposium:
• Communicative teaching methodology in the Chinese classroom